Non-Member Access fee for Recorded CE Webinar:
Complex Insulin Management in Patients with Diabetes
Non-members are invited to view recorded webinars and receive CE credit for a small fee.
Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an automated email with a link to download an electronic item. Click the link in the email - this will download a PDF file that contains a link to access the recorded webinar.
Please contact PPA's CPE Administrator, Sara Powers, at (717) 234-6151 x. 2 or email@example.com with questions.
Speaker: Kimberly Carter, PharmD, BCACP, Assistant Professor, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson School of Pharmacy
Target Audience: Pharmacists, especially those in ambulatory care and clinical pharmacy
CE Credit: 1.0 contact hour (0.10 CEUs)
Program Objectives: At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
1. Review current treatment guideline recommendations for type 1 and type 2 diabetes with a focus on the individualized patient-centered approach.
2. Differentiate between the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics properties of commercially available insulins.
3. Discuss important clinical pearls pertaining to insulin management: how to initiate and adjust insulin, convert from one insulin product to another, promote patient success, alleviate patient fears and disbeliefs, manage adverse effects, and prevent long-term complications.
4. Calculate specific insulin requirements using the “rule of 1500/1800” and “the rule of 500”.
5. Explain the role of non-insulin therapies in improving insulin resistance.
6. Apply concepts learned to patient cases.
Activity Type: Application-based
Cost: Free for PPA members! $30 for non-members.
Release Date: February 21, 2015
Expiration Date: February 21, 2018