Non-Member Access fee for Recorded CE Webinar:
Navigating Beyond the Milky Way: Geriatric Nutrition Beyond Milkshakes and Mush
Non-members are invited to view recorded webinars and receive CE credit for a small fee.
Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an automated email with a link to download an electronic item. Click the link in the email - this will download a PDF file that contains a link to access the recorded webinar.
Please contact PPA's CPE Administrator, Sara Powers, at (717) 234-6151 x. 2 or email@example.com with questions.
Speakers: Dana Manning, PharmD, RD, LDN, Assistant Professor, Wilkes University Nesbitt School of Pharmacy
Dominick P. Trombetta, PharmD, BCPS, CGP, FASCP, Associate Professor, Wilkes University Nesbitt School of Pharmacy
Target Audience: Pharmacists dealing with geriatric patients
CE Credit: 1.0 contact hour (0.10 CEUs)
Program Objectives: At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the sensory and metabolic changes that impact nutrition in the elderly.
2. Recognize the components of modified texture and contents commonly used in the elderly.
3. Explain the role and usefulness of various forms of supplemental foods available for the elderly.
4. Review the impact nutrition changes in the elderly have on pharmaceutical care.
5. Review the safety and efficacy of medications used for weight loss in older adults.
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Cost: Free for PPA members! $30 for non-members.
Release Date: September 20, 2014
Expiration Date: September 20, 2017